Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving at Pam's house. Stephen's family traveled up to Middlebury to celebrate with Grandma and Grandpa Sheets. Maybe next year we will make the journey north! Although we missed spending Thanksgiving with Stephen's mom and dad, it was nice to go to my family's thanksgiving without being overstuffed from the first round :^)

I dusted off my sewing machine this year to make outfits for the girls that included skirts and matching turkey shirts. Lincoln felt a little left out so I made him a neck tie shirt the night before thanksgiving.

The kids always love getting together with all of their cousins. This always causes lots of squealing, giggling and running through the halls! The day after Thanksgiving, mom, Pam and I ventured to the movie theater with the big kids to watch Tangled. At one point I took 5 of the kids to the bathroom by myself (not sure what I was thinking)! We had a great time and the movie was really cute.

That night all of the big kids came to my house for a pretend slumber party (that just means that their mommies came to get them around 9) I'm not sure that I would have survived the night if they stayed :^)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we have so much to be thankful for. On Saturday after Thanksgiving we celebrated Christmas with mom's extended family. I blew it because I forgot to take the camera with us. This is most unfortunate because the kids have a new baby cousin, Hudson and you desperately need to see him because he's beautiful! It was nice getting to see everyone, maybe next year I'll remember my camera :^)

Now we are in the home stretch to Christmas. As I type this blog, I'm not sure which list my kids will end up on. If Santa is listening to them bicker with each other right now, they're is sure to be a lump of coal in someone's stocking!

Kennedy after too much turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment