Friday, March 6, 2009

Another Update!

I have been reprimanded for not posting more often. I really have no excuse since I've been sitting at home doing nothing! I'll try to be better...

I had another appointment yesterday and once again my blood pressure was high (170/110). I was sent over to labor and delivery to be monitored for a little while and have some lab work done. After resting for an hour or so my blood pressure came down and my lab work came back okay, so they decided to send me home to continue with bed rest.

As of right now, Dr. Odaffer is diagnosing me with Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH) and as long as I don't have any protein showing up in my lab work she wants me to make it to 39 weeks (March 18th). At 39 weeks she plans to induce me unless of course either a.) the baby decides to come on its own or b.)I get some bad test results before then. The baby seems to be growing well and as of yesterday was head down (on monday baby was not cooperating and the head was up by my ribs).

I'm trying to be patient. As of today if everything stays the same I have 12 days to go. If anyone has access to a time machine, I'd love to get my hands on it! Even Lincoln says, "Hurry up and get outta there baby!"

That's all for now...

2 comments:

  1. oh whit. You poor thing. I know you have to be miserable. Only a little while longer...Hang in there..

    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Whit! Sorry you're having such a rough go of it right now. I was in your shoes not too long ago and I remember how stir crazy I was! I'm thinking of you and hoping it all goes by quickly for you!!

    ReplyDelete